Tuesday 20 May 2014

Blog 4

-CHOOSE A SCENE you would like to perform from Romey & J. Describe your SCENE CHOICE from and explain WHY you chose it in detail. What do you like about it?
I picked the scene where Mercutio is mudered by Paris and Romeo avenges him, I picked this scene not only because of its importance but the significance of this part in the whole play. This scene is also a personal favorite from the whole play.
-THEN, assume the role of DIRECTOR of the scene. Explain what kinds of elements you would need to think about as the Director. (When and where would you set it? How would you stage it? Explain the staging of the scene? What kinds of Shakespearean elements might you include in your direction of it? What props, costumes, lighting, sound would you choose? Be creative!)
I would stage my act as one of the scenes from the Baz Luhrman movie, because it portrayed it very well.
-Finally, if you are Director of the scene, what role would you give yourself? Why? Choose members from your class who you would "cast" in the different roles and explain in detail WHY you would choose them for that role. Make sure to be specific about your reasons
I would tell the actors how to act and what to do. I would direct the whole play myself and advice the actors on what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment