Tuesday 26 November 2013

Consumer Rights!

Consumer World!
Our world is dominated by brands, simply names given to things which have no value, once its been given that 'name' it becomes one of the best selling, ground breaking products ever invented. Our world utilizes this concept as an opportunity  to globalize, expand and simply modernization. People who do not have that opportunity, or the privileged to money do not acquire this branded product.

As of my age, and speaking from the perspective of a teenager, I can respectively state that this concept has captivated our generation, imprisoning us to the bounds of new products, newer features and 'brands'. Personally I have experienced this captivity while purchasing one of my first apple devices. I first off bought the iPod touch 4g and used it for about 4 or 5 months, I did not have any complaints with this purchase and was very thankful, since it was my first iPod. After that period of time apple released their newer generation of the iPod, and of course  I HAD to purchase it. I stopped paying attention to the older version and simply threw it away (metaphorically).

That is just an example though, we are yet dominated by this concept. Every year they release a newer technology, a newer piece of cloth or even a newer piece of furniture and e.t.c, not only apple but any other profitable businesses, it cannot stop because if it does we will be forced to use on generation of that technology and avoid any developments, and if they keep releasing these features every year, we would have to purchase one by that period of time, it is like a race between our community, a race for who can be the 'modern' one the fastest.

No comments:

Post a Comment