Sunday 3 November 2013

Drama Blog, What I like about theater (drama)

Theater is a very general concept, but in specific about theater I like the concept of creating a scene or acting one.  I find creating scenes, or being the director in many cases very fun and helps me increase my ability to do so. When I am trying to act a scene, it is essential for the actor in which case is me, to express my opinions openly. Expressing these emotions and empathizing with the character you are assigned is key to portray this personality. While acting I also attempt to include a few hand or body gestures, this enhances the reality of the play and adds on to the character as a personality.

Other than that I like to reflect upon my work, which is really and effective way to not only remember what we did, but also call back the mistakes and even the good things that we may have done. This helps me personally to increase my personal engagement and my ability to perform specific tasks. Reflecting upon my work also helps me increase my ability to effectively describe consecutive events and my accuracy when trying to explain specific concepts of drama.

I also further like the different activities we perform in order to increase our drama skills or even for fun or pass time. These activities I think are helpful and fun at the same time, it is the perfect example of a great activity in class. I personally like the games: Circle Dash, Red ball, and Acting nothing games. These games have helped me personally and will continue to do so in the future.

There are alot of aspects in drama that I like, as I have described above. I personally try to use these games and activities to my advantage and hone my drama skills as an actor and a director. I have also collected a variety of pictures and examples of future set designs, performances or props on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/s11213/boards/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment